Across the flickering mirage,
The tempestuous gyrations of the nymphs,
Beyond the azure skyline
And beyond the sandy dunes; the sweltering heat
Lies the wondrous wood
Tinkling streams, humming bees
Green – a byword.
Lush vegetation supports and nourishes life
Birds, insects, pisces – a rife!
At once, soothing and ethereal
An abode of angels
Next overpowering and overwhelming
In its sheer ambience; a realm of a ruthless creator-destroyer.
Soft music wafts over the scent
Of mildew, thrush, and pine.
The lumbering brooding oak
Hymns with the wind’s rhyme.
I floated in this haven
And buffeted my soul with
The sight, sound, and feel.
Time trod noiselessly by
Leaving me on uneven keel.
The lyrical environs and dark foreboding
Led me inexorably to the Temple of Doom
And the priest with a skull garland
Approached me with slow menacing.
I could see blood and gore
Of human soul offered to the monstrosity
And the mutilated bodies at the altar of the deity.
The axe swung heavily over my head
I woke up with a start and sat perspiring
On my bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment